Thursday, March 13, 2014

Warm Days

Our weather has been so loopy these past couple of weeks that I can't even keep straight how to dress the kids for the day! Will it be cold? Long sleeves? or hot with shorts and tee shirts?!? It's spring time, so what do you expect? 

The past few days have been absolutely beautiful! We are talking 80's and we soaked in the sun AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! Kids make summer time so much fun! I love the excitement of riding bikes, writing with chalk, and non stop running around all day! Plus it makes nap time all that much smoother because they are so warn out! 

Like I said we lived outside. We did everything but sleep out in the back yard, and even OD managed a few naps outside. We had lunch, we colored, I even folded the laundry outside, just because the sun felt too good to waste not being out there! 

WE PLAYED A LOT! 
June loves riding her bike. She isn't quite tall enough yet to reach the petals and push them, but she can ride around by scooting herself. Is she not just the cutes thing on her bike that you have ever seen?!?! 

June loves "baby Owit" She loves giving him kisses and singing to him when he is sad. She loves to be near him and I am so glad. I hope that little bond continues as they grow up. 

June insisted on pulling out all the lounge chairs and laying by the pool. She kept asking to get in, but the water is frigid cold still! Such a sun bathing beauty!

I taught June how to play hop scotch! Our board is a little backwards. HaHa. I counted back from 10 and wrote them wrong... so don't worry June let me know on numerous occasions that I wrote it down wrong!  

Though daylight savings has been tough on sleeping, we are loving the extra daylight we get when daddy gets home. 
June and daddy playing hop scotch 

We had picnics at the park and spent a good chunk of the morning there. June even peed on a tree. Having a park in walking distance really helps get me out and moving, not that I am lacking in the moving department chasing a two year old around all day, but still... It's a small little park, but we love it. 

I even treated myself to a little down time while my babe's slept. Range came and laid by me and I read my book. How can I possibly complain about being a stay at home mom when I get to do this?!? 

Ok, well OD took most of his naps outside. I'm working on his scheduling, but he tends to take quick little power naps every once in a while. Like seriously 5 minute little cat naps. He's adorable. 

Playing hide N' Seek is a regular at our house, but we were able to take the game outside and play what felt like forever. I do admit, that inside, there are better hiding places, but June would just run beside the house and close her eyes. 
*Note: So June. Whenever she doesn't want to go somewhere or get dressed or doesn't want to be found, she covers her eyes, and she becomes a "sack of potatoes". Only Daddy has special glasses that can see her, but mommy never can. She does this on a regular basis and I am carrying in a "Sack of potatoes" pretty often. 

June is awesome at playing hide and seek with. She actually plays. She lets you go hide (obviously more out in the open, than really hide) she counts to 10 and then comes and gets you. Then it's your turn. 
We also play tag a lot but I seem to be it most of the time and she loves playing duck duck goose, but again, just wants me to run around yelling goose. It's still hilarious and I will play with her whenever she asks! 

Our warm days have now gone and left us with low 60's and wind that blows your skirt right up for every one to see what's underneath. The sun is still shining bright in our windows, and it made me really see how dirty my windows are, and how it's time to pull out the spring cleaning clothes and get to work, cleaning off all the winter dirt!

I cannot wait for summer. Each one gets better and better with little Juniper and now we have OD. I can't wait to introduce him to the water, and see his reaction! 

HURRY SUMMER!!! 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow 80 degrees!! And I thought it was warm here and it was only 53! Haha! It looks like you've been having a lot of fun!

Cisneros Family said...

So jealous of your weather! And I wish so very bad that we lived closer together! I miss you and your babies!