Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Our "Frozen" Day

I love doing random surprises for my kids on ordinary days.  I get so excited thinking about how much June will love it. I find June's little expression so adorable when she gets something new, or we do an activity that isn't done on a regular basis. It makes me even more excited to think about when Owen gets older and I will have two little excited faces!!  I have always wanted to be that kind of mom. I want to be a mom who makes ordinary days special. I want to be someone who thrives at motherhood, not just survives it. I don't want to look back on these days, that yes, are so hectic and busy and sometimes you feel like you won't catch your breath, but not remember why I am a mother in the first place. I don't want to look back and regret thinking of how I count the hours until Dan gets home, or how a day can go by and I wonder what I did. I am trying my best to make everyday count. To actually do what I think a mother should do. Not just endure, but embrace motherhood and realize what a special and amazing job we as stay at home mothers have. I think that's why I blog so much. Just to keep it all written down of how awesome these days really are, even on those not so good days. So with that said, I made an ordinary afternoon a fun surprise for June.  

The movie "Frozen" has been a craze these past few months!  Everything is all about Frozen when it comes to little kids, and we are right in the middle of it. We have the "Frozen" Soundtrack on repeat in the car, and June is constantly singing it. Dan even knows the words to pretty much every song. We love coloring pages from "Frozen" and every time we see something related to the movie June tells us all about it. So it was an obvious choice that we would be purchasing the movie the day it came out. I was thinking of holding off to give it to her until Easter, but I'll be honest, I couldn't hold off myself to wanting to see it, so I decided to throw June a "Frozen" Party. Just her and me. 

I put the babes down for naps, and started setting up for our little party. It wasn't anything big, but just a little bit extra effort and it made for a fun movie day. 

The night before I had finally sewn OD's and June's blankets that I have had the fabric for forever! I thought it would be perfect to add to our movie day to cuddle and watch with. I also set up coloring pages, candy, banana "frozen" ice-cream and of course popcorn and a drink. I even let June have Sprite in her cup. 

June woke up and walked out. She was so excited! I don't think she knew it was the movie, I think she just saw the characters on the front cover and thats why she was so excited. It got even better when we put the movie in. She realized that it was the Characters coming to life and the fact that she got to watch a movie on a random day! Doesn't happen very often, so she was excited! 

This picture scares Dan, hahaha I think it's funny! She was just so excited to have it! 

We got all set up and ready to watch our movie with our treats and coloring. We started the Movie and she sang along with EVERY.SINGLE.SONG! This girl and her memory blows me away! 

OD was still sleeping, so it was just us girls. I love my little lady and all the things I get to do to maker her life a little bit more special! 

I really really do love these days. 







1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hi!! I definitely remember you (Do you remember we also had a class - or 2- together?) :) (Also, I've always followed your blog but figured you wouldn't remember me so I never said anything) Anyway, we moved to Mansfield which is like 20 minutes south of Fort Worth and Dallas. We're still trying to figure things out around here and find things to do, so if you know of fun things in Dallas, let me know!!! Also, isn't the temple right by you guys? Maybe we could meet up there sometime!