Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Owen Starts Solids

Our last doctors appointment with Owen showed that he wasn't gaining weight as fast as he once was. I knew something was up, and that I felt like I just wasn't able to keep up with him, nursing wise. The poor little guy is always hungry, so talking with my pediatrician, she told me to start him on rice cereal, prunes, and breast milk. Solids usually aren't started until 6 months but she said it would be ok, since I really wasn't wanting to give him formula and still wanting to nurse him as long as I could. So rice cereal twice a day was our solution.

We didn't do rice cereal with June. We went right into the fruits and veggies, so this is new for us. It's been a few days now, and OD is slowly starting to get better at eating it, instead of gagging it down. He is sleeping so much better at nights! 7 hour stretches!! That's so much better than the continued every 3 hours. I was getting exhausted. So things are looking up, and our boy is getting a full belly! Happy Mama over here!





IMG 3967 from Lesli Lancaster on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

He is too cute! I really want to hang out with him more!